Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Cross Country

This is my writing about our school Cross Country that we had last week. Here is my recount story and my Rubric to show how well I did.

On September the 11th we had cross country. We had to wear our house colors. I was in Tainui that means we wear blue. We have to run in our year groups, I am in year 6.
There were some kids in cross country that didn't run.


The year 1 and 2 boys had to run first. They only had a small run because
they were small. First they lined up and then Mr Burt said get set and he slammed the blocks
together and the boys ran as fast as they could go.


Then it was the time for the year 1 and 2 girls to run. Mrs Jarmen came to get the
girls and they lined up. Mr Burt said get set and he slammed the blocks together
again the girls ran as fast as they could. The year 1 and 2 boys were still running, the first boy that came
to the finish line was Ozzy.


We were waiting for our run. We were after the year 7 boys. I was very shy
to go running.  When it was our turn to run I was scared. Mr Burt said
get set and slammed the blocks together for our race to start. I ran as fast as I could go, I was huffing
and puffing all the way to the finish line. When we had finished we went to get some water.




1 comment:

  1. Wow PJ! You have written such a descriptive story. It is so interesting to know how you were feeling during the race.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.